Mixed Media Masterclass
October 12th – 13th 2019
Trisha’s Crafty Studio – Ipswich Queensland
Join us for an amazing 2 day workshop with self-taught artist Donna Downey. This workshop event is for every artist, no experience needed just a passion for all things creative. You will leave with the knowledge to be able to expand your creativity – well on your way to becoming your own mixed media master.
About the Teacher
Donna Downey is an accomplished painter, bestselling author, instructor, and entrepreneur with a passion for nurturing the creative development of other artists. Located in Lincolnton, North Carolina USA, her artist studio occupies 23 secluded, wooded acres in an idyllic setting and has been an escape to many artists seeking to grow and fulfil their potential. Through her own endeavours, Inspiration to Action Retreats, mentorship opportunities, and creative development, she has helped foster the creativity and journey of countless artists.
“By applying proven methods and experiences, I seek to equip and empower artists to discover their full creative potential. Whether you are an accomplished artist or just beginning your creative journey, I invite you to join me and grow”. Donna
About the Workshop
This 2-day intense workshop is designed to give you a hands-on and in depth look into combining my favourite mixed-media techniques and applications. Demos and projects will include Altered book sculpture, collage, encaustic, plaster, structural flower dipping, wax carving, oil rubbing, patina and much more – Donna.
Hosted at Trisha’s Crafty Studio 21 Brisbane Street (entry via 17a Thorn Street) Ipswich Queensland. A unique craft retail store and studio attached to an Events & Party Indoor Center (E.P.I.C. Ipswich) with a large room for everyone to spread out and enjoy this masterclass. To put the space into perspective, the workshop area is 230 sq metres. Every attendee will have 2 to 3 tables EACH ! Allowing space to spread out, create along with space for your projects to dry. Not to mention there is a different area to eat meals (provided) and take breaks. The venue is fully air-conditioned and has a wheelchair/walker friendly entry, parking and toilet facilities – so all are welcome.
LIMITED to 20 ATTENDEES ONLY – 9am to 4pm Saturday 12th & Sunday 13th October
- work to complete one encaustic piece
- work to complete an altered book sculpture – excluding nest top if time doesn’t allow
- Up to 4 mixed media collage pieces
- working in mixed media acrylics
- Building layers
- collaging with textures
- Please note this is normally a 3 day event – we aim to finish everything with maybe only the nest on top of the book sculpture not finished during the allocated worktime 9am-4pm
What’s included in your Workshop
- 2-3 tables per person to create your master pieces – so LOTS of space – very BIG room
- Lunch and Morning/Afternoon Tea
- Tea and Coffee Table setup
- Limited Edition Apron
- All core materials are supplied in this class – some are shared to keep costs down (Encaustics / Stencils ) but most will be supplied with your own class kit so you can take home any unused supplies.
- Free Ticket to the Meet & Greet Event on Saturday night – “Journalling with Donna”
What you WILL need to bring….
- Paper towel – 2 rolls
- Baby wipes
- Hot Glue Gun + sticks
- Heat gun for encaustics
Costs and Cancellations
- $725 – 2 Day Workshop creating 4-6 projects – Layby available. Phone / Bank Transfer payments accepted.
Before booking into workshop please consider the following Cancellation Policy
- International Tutor Workshops have a No Exception No Refund Cancellation Policy – Limited spot classes may have a waiting list which enables transfer of bookings. Therefore, in the event you can no longer attend the workshop we can see if there is a waiting list to transfer your spot to another person. To transfer your spot the other person must first pay in full at the store and then we will issue your refund of the amount you have already paid towards the workshop. You are also welcome to find someone to take your place if we don’t have a waiting list – You must notify us of the new persons details but the transfer payment in this case, must be handle with both parties concerned, payment is not handled at shop level only name transferring details.
- There are No refunds on any payments made for this workshop so only book if you are 100% committee to attend.
- You are entitled to a FULL refund if the Tutor or Trisha’s Crafty Studio cancels the workshop.